Sfiggato (Zucchini soufflé)
- ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs shredded zucchini
- 1 large grated onion
- 2 cups grated cheese, such as parmesan
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Steam or boil shredded zucchini and grated onion until soft and all water has evaporated.
- Over high heat, pour in the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil and sauté the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for approximately five minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cheese, tomatoes, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs and add to the zucchini mixture.
- Grease an oven-safe casserole with the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil, and pour in the zucchini mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350o F (175o C) for 45 minutes or until the mixture is set and golden brown. If a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, the soufflé is done.