Baked shrimp with feta cheese
- 2.2 lbs shrimp, medium size
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz feta cheese, cut into large pieces
- 1 cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt, pepper, paprika, to taste
- 1 chicken cube
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Peel the shrimp.
- Sautee half the chopped onion and garlic in ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the shrimp and sauté.
- Add the white wine and flour, and stir.
- In another saucepan, sauté the rest of the onion in the remaining ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil. Then add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, and chicken cube; simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Mix the shrimp with the tomato sauce and pour into an oven-safe casserole. Sprinkle with parsley and cover with slices of feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.