Lamb with Greek yoghurt
- 3.3 pounds lamb, leg or shoulder, cut into portions
- 2.2 lbs Greek yoghurt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp cornstarch,
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Sauté the lamb in the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil for approximately 5 minutes, turning until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat to low and let the ingredients simmer for approximately 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare yogurt sauce by adding salt and pepper to the yoghurt; whisk in the eggs and add corn-starch
- Remove the meat broth from the casserole and stir it into the yogurt sauce until smooth
- Add the yogurt sauce to the lamb, mix well, and boil for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens
You may also use chicken ribs instead of lamb.