Baked fish with onion
- 3.5 lbs fish of your preference (for example, cod, halibut, haddock)
- 5 large onions, cut into large pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- In a shallow casserole, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil.
- When the onions start to brown, add the wine and simmer for a few minutes. Add a cup of water and allow to boil uncovered until onion is cooked, adding water if necessary.
- When onions are cooked, add the fish, lemon, salt, pepper, chopped parsley, oregano, and thyme.
- Place the fish in a well-oiled oven-proof casserole and cover with onion sauce.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 350° F (175 °C).